Its the season of test Android Nougat (7) OTA updates as promised by Infinix. There’s been the Infinix Zero 4 (X555)Infinix Hot 4 (X557), Note 3 (X601-H536A1) and Note 3 Pro (X601-H537A1) which have received their test Nougat builds and now the Hot S (X521) but only for the A1C1 & E1G1 Build Numbers .

The Infinix Hot S (X521) has several builds as listed at our Infinix stock ROMs / firmware collections thread ranging from the A1, C1, E1, G1 to the I1. If you’re looking to install this Nougat update then ensure your Build Number matches else you could end up with a bricked phone.

Updating Infinix Hot S (X521) to Nougat (Android 7) via SP Flash tool or Tcard

Sponsored Links

If your Build matches then you can download the update below:

Important things to note before updating your Hot S (X521) to the Nougat test build

Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:

Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
* Upgrade to Premium Membership for Live Support: https://blog.hovatek.com/premium-membership
* Hovatek's Mobile app: https://app.hovatek.com
* Skype: Hovatek
* BBM: Hovatek
* BBM Channel: http://www.pin.bbm.com/C00403D80
* PC chat: Click "Chat With Us" at the bottom-right corner of this page
* Helpline(s): +2348021840309
* Email: [email protected]
* Facebook: https://facebook.com/hovatek

11 thoughts on “Trying to update your Infinix Hot S (X521) to Nougat? Your Build Number matters….as always!

• May 29, 2017 at 5:22 pm

Bro I have Infinix hot s the build number is j5088e1-m-170323v23 I just wanted to ask is my phone compatible for this update.

• May 29, 2017 at 6:43 pm

use the E1G1 version. Ensure to first backup your firmware as the guide instructs

• May 29, 2017 at 7:06 pm

Are u sure that my device will not get bricked.

• May 30, 2017 at 9:25 pm

There are no 100% guarantees. I would advise you not flash the update if you’re not willing to take the risk

• May 31, 2017 at 10:34 am

Hello
    Been following up on this conversation. I have the same build and I am downloading now… To follow up on the instructions. I have a question though, what happens when a phone gets bricked?

• May 31, 2017 at 10:45 am

Well, if you go through the guide carefully, you’ll notice that it emphasizes backing up your current firmware so you can easily revert (unbrick) if the Nougat update bricks your phone.

• June 12, 2017 at 6:12 am

I have updated mine, I used the scatter file and updated using infinix firmware updater. I previously saved my data as this method formats the phone.
    PS: I installed custom TWRP recovery first. Also, it doesn’t matter your current version as this method installs a fresh version of the OS.

• June 12, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Thanks for sharing

• June 22, 2017 at 2:27 am

Hi I have the j5088A1 version. What should I do or is ther no update for this model number yey

• June 22, 2017 at 12:35 pm