A few days ago, Team Hovatek dropped the ROMDump (SP flash tool format) for the Infinix Hot 2 Android 6 Marshmallow (January 1, 2016) X510-D5110-M-Androidone-20160107 build. The February 1, 2016 build is now available (to upgrade OTA, navigate to Settings > About > System updates) and we have also created a ROMDump for it.
Note: This is not an official firmware from Infinix. Team Hovatek dumped the firmware of our copy of the Infinix Hot 2 X510 which had been successfully upgraded to Marshmallow (Android 6.0) OTA.
How to upgrade Infinix Hot 2 to the Android 6 Marshmallow (1, February 2016) X510-D5110-M-Androidone-20160115 build using SP flash tool
- Download the ROMDump for X510-D5110-M-Androidone-20160115 by Team Hovatek at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B1ukKq9qHhpBZXN2SFhBMWMyY2c&export=download
- Install VCOM drivers on your PC using the guide at http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
- Flash the ROMDump to the Infinix Hot 2 X510 using SP flash tool at http://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html (Do not interrupt flashing)
- Boot up the phone once flashing is complete
- If the phone gets stuck at boot animation, take out the battery and slot back in then leave the phone to boot up normally
Will I be able to install future OTA updates after flashing this ROMDump?
Yes, you will without a problem. The ROMDump is not rooted and runs on stock recovery
Hovatek….just a button away!