A few days ago, the Tecno Camon X CA7 received an OTA update with Build Number CA7-H633BCDK-O-180614V192. This is coming around the same time that the Camon X Pro (CA8-H633EFG-O-180521V168-180614V184_20180615090239) and Camon CX Pro got updates. The feedback I’ve read from people who have installed these updates has been very negative thus far.
Infinix on the other hand seems to have stabilized the Note 4 X572 Oreo OTA with an update to X572-H5312AD-O-180531V142 (from X572-H5312AD-O-180503V139). According to a commenter, this new build is more stable…which begs the question; why is Tecno still struggling to release bug fix updates when Infinix can pull off version updates?
What’s new in the CA7-H633BCDK-O-180614V192 update?
Here’s an extract from the OTA update screen
Caution! This update may crash rooted devices. Please plug in charger to OTA upgrade when power is lower than 30%.
1. Google Security Patch: 2018-05-05
2. Imported PAI (you can choose more apps to in-stall in startup guide interface after reset the phone, download and install in Google Play automatically)
1. Optimized the menu translation
2. Updated GPRS parameters
1. Fixed the issue where the phone system was crashed in special scenarios
1, Optimized system stability and performance while fixing other issues.
2, Visit the TECNO spot forum for more information.
Update size: 113.8 MB
What to do before installing this update
Before you go ahead to install this update, ensure to:
- Take note of your current Build Number
- Backup your current rom using Wwr_MTK tool if the firmware for your Build isn’t yet listed at our Tecno Camon X CA7 stock rom page
- Unroot if your phone has been rooted
- Charge your battery over 30% or leave connected to power (if faulty) before installing the update
How to install the CA7-H633BCDK-O-180614V192 update
Once you’ve followed the precautions above then:
- If you got an update notification on your notifications bar then simply slide down and tap the OTA Update notification prompt
- If you are yet to get an OTA update prompt then navigate to Settings > About > System update and search for an update
- Tap Download and Install
- Wait for the update to get downloaded (its 113.8 MB)
- Once download is complete, tap Restart & Install
- Wait while the phone boots into recovery mode and installs the update (DO NOT interrupt)
- The Tecno Camon X should reboot to home screen once the update is completed
How to downgrade Tecno Camon X
If you find the update too buggy to use then simply download the firmware or grab your backup and flash using SP flash tool. Don’t forget that this model requires a Tecno CA7 secure boot DA for flashing.