Tecno CX CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 OTA update

A few days ago, the Tecno Camon CX received the CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 bug fix OTA update. The Tecno Camon CX Air had earlier received a similar bug fix OTA update ; the CX Air-H3713A-N-170618V105 HIOS 2.2.0 .

Features of the Tecno Camon CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 OTA update

• Android 7.0 Version CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 (278.49 MB)
  • Version Update : – Version: CX-H501DE-N-170510V115

Added Functions:

1. Updated Google Security Patch to 2017-05

Optimized issue:

1. Optimized the app permission process
  2. Optimized the memory cleaning process
  3. Introduce the power optimization scheme

Fixed issues:

1. Fixed the stability test issues to improve system stability
  2. Fixed the issue where the phone reported errors when operating contacts after importing lots of contacts From SD card
  3. Fixed the issue where the Gallery occasionally reported errors
  4. Fixed the issue where the Flashlight was easily activated by mistake under Leather case mode

Reminding:

1. Optimized system stability and performance while Fixing other issues

What to do before installing the CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 OTA update

If you have rooted your Tecno Camon CX then you need to unroot by downloading the Tecno Camon CX stock rom and flashing it using SP Flash tool . Its important you take note of your Tecno Camon CX Android phone’s Build Number and find out the Chipset of your Tecno Camon CX because there are 3 known variants at the moment; MT6750, MT6753 and MT6755 . You can find the firmware for all three at the Hovatek Forum .

Also, ensure you’ve reverted to stock recovery if your phone is running on a custom recovery (like TWRP, CWM & Philz) and your battery is charged above 50% to avoid an interruption during the installation of the update.

How to install the Tecno CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 OTA update

Sponsored Links

• If you got an update notification on your notifications bar then simply slide down and tap the OTA Update notification prompt
  • If you are yet to get an OTA update prompt then navigate to Settings > About > System update and search for an update
  • Tap Download and Install
  • Wait for the update to get downloaded (the update is 278.49 MB in size)
  • Once download is complete, tap Restart & Install
  • Wait while the phone boots into recovery mode and installs the update (DO NOT interrupt)
  • The Camon CX should reboot to home screen once the update is completed

How can I roll back or downgrade my Tecno Camon CX after installing this update?

If you find the update buggy, you just don’t like it or you got your phone bricked (stuck in recovery mode) after installing this update then simply download the firmware for your Build Number at our Tecno stock roms collection thread and flash it using SP Flash tool.

Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)

19 comments on “Tecno Camon CX receives CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 OTA update; here’s how to update yours

Marjorie

I have tried to download this update on my CX but it has failed to download. data is there, i have even tried to restart but nothing

Hovatek

Did you get any error?

Peter Osoro

Actually you don’t need to unroot to install this OTA
Make sure you reflash system.img or just skip if you haven’t deleted system files. You can flash this in TWRP and choose flash image,and also the stock boot both of build CX-H501D1-N-170405V107.And then after the OTA has finished downloading navigate to /data/user/0/com.mediatek.systemupdate/ copy the update.zip to internal or external SD.
Copy the update.zip
Having system.img and boot.img
Boot TWRP
Click install,install image choose system.img and restore as system image partition,and boot.img as boot partition.
Install the update.zip
After finishing install SuperSU to patch the boot image
And reboot

Manobv

It’s hard to follow, please make a video.

Ben

Pls i tried installing the update and unfortunately my phone went off and has refused to come on since then. Just showing the tecno logo each time it comes on…plssss help

Hovatek

1. At what point did your phone go off?
2. Was your phone rooted before installing the update?

Frank legenf

Please help my camon cx closes any app i minimize i have checked my developer settings and i didnt on anything that off minimized apps.
Not even my hi manager please help me

Hovatek

what’s the current Build Number?

Franklegend

CX-H501DEFG-N-170720V133

Hovatek

That’s a RAM management bug. You need to root then install RAM Manager Pro

Stella

Good evening, Pls my tecno canon cx is saying storage full each time I want 2snap and I have just 50pictures on it, but I noticed on storage, system is showing 12gb, what should I do please.

Hovatek

You need to clear phone storage. Go to your Settings > Storage and check how much free storage you have under both Phone and SD card storage

Manobv

Update failed. Perhaps because of the TWRP recovery. When booting i always get an error message saying my phone cannot be trusted. How do I fix this ? please help me!

Hovatek

The guide says to unroot and revert to stock recovery.

Manobv

Will I lose my data? I really don’t wanna lose my data over that update.

Hovatek

OTA updates don’t affect data

Hovatek

You shouldn’t lose your data over an OTA update

Yazdin

Plizz i need assistance.. my camon cx screen is going crazy after update, apps keep opening and closing by themselves, swipes left and right by itself and sometimes stops as if nothing is wrong… now there is an invisible line at the middle of the screen, all apps which are located within that line are not functioning, if you open keyboard, all characters which are located within that line are not functioning….! is this a touch screen problem or digitizer? and if so, why sometimes this problem doesnt show up as if everything is fine…. i didnt crash it in any way…..!!!

Hovatek

You should have the screen / digitizer replaced. That could explain the random screen touches and line