A few days ago, the Tecno Camon CX received the CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 bug fix OTA update. The Tecno Camon CX Air had earlier received a similar bug fix OTA update ; the CX Air-H3713A-N-170618V105 HIOS 2.2.0 .
Features of the Tecno Camon CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 OTA update
- Android 7.0 Version CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 (278.49 MB)
- Version Update : – Version: CX-H501DE-N-170510V115
- Updated Google Security Patch to 2017-05
- Optimized the app permission process
- Optimized the memory cleaning process
- Introduce the power optimization scheme
- Fixed the stability test issues to improve system stability
- Fixed the issue where the phone reported errors when operating contacts after importing lots of contacts From SD card
- Fixed the issue where the Gallery occasionally reported errors
- Fixed the issue where the Flashlight was easily activated by mistake under Leather case mode
- Optimized system stability and performance while Fixing other issues
What to do before installing the CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 OTA update
If you have rooted your Tecno Camon CX then you need to unroot by downloading the Tecno Camon CX stock rom and flashing it using SP Flash tool . Its important you take note of your Tecno Camon CX Android phone’s Build Number and find out the Chipset of your Tecno Camon CX because there are 3 known variants at the moment; MT6750, MT6753 and MT6755 . You can find the firmware for all three at the Hovatek Forum .
Also, ensure you’ve reverted to stock recovery if your phone is running on a custom recovery (like TWRP, CWM & Philz) and your battery is charged above 50% to avoid an interruption during the installation of the update.
How to install the Tecno CX-H501DE-N-170510V115 OTA update
- If you got an update notification on your notifications bar then simply slide down and tap the OTA Update notification prompt
- If you are yet to get an OTA update prompt then navigate to Settings > About > System update and search for an update
- Tap Download and Install
- Wait for the update to get downloaded (the update is 278.49 MB in size)
- Once download is complete, tap Restart & Install
- Wait while the phone boots into recovery mode and installs the update (DO NOT interrupt)
- The Camon CX should reboot to home screen once the update is completed
How can I roll back or downgrade my Tecno Camon CX after installing this update?
If you find the update buggy, you just don’t like it or you got your phone bricked (stuck in recovery mode) after installing this update then simply download the firmware for your Build Number at our Tecno stock roms collection thread and flash it using SP Flash tool.
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
* Request for Private Support
* Install the Hovatek mobile app
* Listen to H-Tech Radio
* Helpline: +2348021840309
* E-mail: [email protected]
* Skype: Hovatek