The Tecno Camon CX Air has received a new Over The Air (OTA) update (CXAir-H3713A-N-171010V131) which includes the Adoptable Storage feature. Adoptable storage is a feature introduced in Marshmallow (after something similar was removed in Lollipop) which enables you use your external SD card as an extension of your phone storage. This means more storage space to install applications and store their data.
If you’ve been using a Tecno phone running on HIOS then you must be somewhat aware of app storage space problems (constantly running low on storage space). This has made many Tecno HIOS users search for ways to move their apps (and app data) from phone storage to SD card or to make the SD card the default write disk altogether. Unfortunately, this required the Tecno CX Air to first be rooted but not anymore as the latest OTA update pushed to the Camon CX Air comes with the Adoptable Storage feature, fixes the volume bug and includes some other bug fixes.
Features of the CXAir-H3713A-N-171010V131 OTA update
- Updated Google Security Patch to improve system security and stability
- Merged the latest GPRS parameters
- Added the function, apps can be moded to SD card
- Optimized audio parameters to improve volume experience
- Fixed the issue where Camera reported errors occasionally when activated camera from SMS
Steps to update your Tecno Camon CX Air to CXAir-H3713A-N-171010V131 and enjoy the Adoptable Storage feature
If you have rooted your Camon CX Air then ensure to first unroot it (and also revert to stock recovery) by downloading the Tecno Camon CX Air stock rom and flashing it using SP Flash tool. I would also recommend that you dump your CX Air’s firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box so you can easily rollback in case you run into trouble or don’t like the update.
- Take note of your current Build Number, you might need it in the future
- If you got an update notification on your notifications bar then simply slide down and tap the OTA Update notification prompt
- If you are yet to get an OTA update prompt then navigate to Settings > About > System update and search for an update
- Tap Download and Install
- Wait for the update to get downloaded (its about 608.81 MB)
- Once download is complete, tap Restart & Install
- Wait while the phone boots into recovery mode and installs the update (DO NOT interrupt)
- The Tecno Camon CX Air should reboot to home screen once the update is completed
I don’t like this update or have bricked my phone in the process, how do I rollback
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)