The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast technology replaced the use of cables to screen-cast (mirror your smartphone or laptop’s screen to a larger display like a TV or Projector) and has since been the standard for transmitting content through wireless connections between displays using Wi-Fi as the transmission vehicle. The MediaTek UltraCast has extended the Miracast technology to support 4K display. The Ultracast is the first chipset-enabled streaming technology on the market.
4K refers to a horizontal resolution on the order of 4,000 pixels and vertical resolution on the order of 2,000 pixels (i.e 4096×2160). This offers higher resolution (and better display quality) compared to the Quad HD (3840×2160). UltraCast uses MediaTek’s advanced video smoothing algorithm, preserving picture quality while reducing latency between devices.
According to Mediatek, UltraCast will be available on MediaTek Helio series smartphone chipsets and MediaTek 4K Ultra HDTV chipsets.
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
* Upgrade to Premium Membership for Live Support: https://blog.hovatek.com/premium-membership
* Hovatek's Mobile app: https://app.hovatek.com
* Skype: Hovatek
* BBM: Hovatek
* BBM Channel: http://www.pin.bbm.com/C00403D80
* PC chat: Click "Chat With Us" at the bottom-right corner of this page
* Helpline(s): +2348149906767
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Facebook: https://facebook.com/hovatek