Infinix Note 4 receives Android Oreo (X572-H5312AD-O-180203V85) OTA update

Infinix Note 4 X572 Android 8 Oreo update

A little over a week ago, Infinix announced that the Infinix Note 4, Note 4 Pro & Zero 5 will receive Android Oreo OTA updates . The Infinix Note 4 (X572) seems to be off on an early start as it has received an Android 8.1.0-XOSv2.3 ; X572-H5312AD-O-180203V85 ; XOS Hummingbird v3.2.0 OTA update. This seems to be a Beta release as several members at the Infinix forum have complained of bugs after updating to Oreo. I’m certain Infinix will soon roll out updates to address these bugs. So far, the build numbers of the Android Oreo updates (for each region) we’re expecting are:

• Southeast Asia: X572-H5312CE-O-180203V55
  • Africa: X572-H5312AD-O-180203V85
  • Indonesia SKD:X572-H5312E-O-ID-SKD-180228V66
  • India: X572-H5312E-O-IN-180302V19

Feeatures of the X572-H5312AD-O-180203V85 Oreo update

Android security patch level: January 5, 2018

Kernel version: 3.18.79+ (gcc version 6.3.1 20170109 (Linaro GCC 6.3—2017.02))
rlk—buildsrv—[email protected]—buildsrv—tf54 #1
Sat Feb 314230216 CST 2018

Android 8.1.0-XOSv2.3
Version X572-H53 12AD-O-180203V85

– Released notes:

– Caution! This update may crash rooted devices.

– Please plug in charger to OTA upgrade when power is lower
than 30%.

– Upgrading package size will be 1.8GB, please reserve at
least 2GB ROM size for updating.

– New Android Version Update: Android Oreo 8.1

– Optimized issue:

– l.optimized the effect and display of camera

– 2.0ptimized the display of theme wallpaper

– 3.0ptimized the endurance of battery

– 4.0ptimized the layout of desktop

– Added Functions:

– l.added new message notifications board

– 2.added eyes protection mode

– 3.updated the function of singlehanded mode

– 4.added new mode of P1P (picture in picture)

What to do before installing this update

This update seems quite buggy so you best take these precautions before updating:

• Take note of your phone’s present Build Number (Settings > About > Build Number), you might need it to rollback to a stable firmware
  • Backup / dump your phone’s current firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box so you have a safety net in case you find the update too buggy or brick your phone in the process. You could also check our Infinix Note 4 X572 stock roms collection and download one for your phone’s Build Number if you have trouble backing up
  • If you have rooted your phone , flashed or tampered with your recovery or system partition then you best undo this by reflashing the stock rom / firmware because installing this OTA update on a modified rom could brick it.
  • Ensure your battery is well charged before you start installing the update.zip

How to update Infinix Note 4 X572 to Android 8 Oreo

Once you’re all set:

• If you got an update notification on your notifications bar then simply slide down and tap the OTA Update notification prompt
  • If you are yet to get an OTA update prompt then navigate to Settings > About > System update and search for an update
  • Tap Download and Install
  • Wait for the update to get downloaded
  • Once download is complete, tap Restart & Install
  • Wait while the phone boots into recovery mode and installs the update (DO NOT interrupt)
  • The Infinix Note 4 X572 should reboot to home screen once the update is completed

How to downgrade Infinix Note 4 X572 to Android 7 Nougat

Several people have complained about  severe bugs. If you find yourself in the same situation then downgrading will be a good idea. If you’d backed up your firmware using Miracle Box as advised then simply flash your backup using Miracle Box. If you’d only taken note of your Build Number (as instructed above) then download the Nougat firmware for your build from our collection of Infinix X572 stock roms and flash using SP Flash Tool.

Here are some screenshots from an Infinix Note 4 after installing the Android Oreo OTA update

System Screen

Infinix Note 4 Oreo update

About Screen

How to update Infinix X572 to Oreo

47 comments on “Infinix Note 4 receives Android Oreo (X572-H5312AD-O-180203V85) OTA update

Gregor

the Oreo has bugs and I believe infinix has pulled it down, I expected that after using it for 2 days

Gregor

Some Bugs and Goodies from Android Orea.
Bugs:
1: The most dangerous of the bug is that you can’t do a hard reset on the rom, if the phone goes into deepsleep, the phone can’t power on again, the only solution is to dismantle the phone and remove the battery, which will void many phone warranty.
2: The Doubletap-to-wake does not work after a minute of the screen going off.
Goodies:
1: The Hummingbird v3.2.0 is superb, the fingerprint is more active than before,
2: The power on/off has been modified to take longer period to activate power off or power on, which was a big problem on N, due to accidental powering down of the phone (you may be holding the phone without knowing that your hand is on the power button and the phone will restart.
3: The batter life has truly increased if not by 75%, I love that.

Enigma

Thanks for sharing. Do keep us updated.
Some people have complained that the bugs are so bad that they had to downgrade to Nougat. Is it that bad for you?

Gregor

Its that bad, most especially that hard reset issue, I reverted back to Nougat too. Hopefully they will come up with something better.

Abdul

the battery drains fast

Enigma

What other bugs have you noticed? And are you also considering downgrading to Nougat?

George

battery drain faster and there is no ultra power option as it was in XOS chameleon

Hordunsee

The update has been removed due to many complains.

Enigma

Hope you backed up your Nougat firmware or at least took note of the Build Number. The above guide also explains how to downgrade.
Do notify us if you get another (bugfix) update prompt

Bramha Prasad

I updated my infinix note 4 recently ,today morning i seen that my mobile is swithed off,i switched it on ,it was taking too long to power on,after that i switched it off again and again switched on ,but again it was taking like 2 hour i left it for approx. 4 hours an started my daily work,expecting it will be alright after that,but it was as it is showing in screen XOS Hammingbird ,
after that i done factory reset,and real problem began, tried every possible way ,but no,nothing good happened ,even after factory reset ,it is not working. two options are there – 1.copy your data & 2. set up as new ;but after clicking this i am again and again comong back to this stage only.
i am unable to understand ,what is happening and what to do.
but i suggest everyone to downgrade it if possible.
and if you have not updated till now,you are lucky,do not do thus mistake.

Enigma

Did you take note of your build number and backup your firmware before you updated as our guide instructed?

Bramha Prasad

I think I updated too early .
and sadly no ,I kept no backup.
but, actually problem is I am unable to set it up as new after factory reset ,I don’t understand why?

Enigma

You’ll need to downgrade to Nougat but first need to backup your current Oreo firmware even in this bricked state.
This is so you at least have something to rollback to incase the Nougat firmware you flash makes the phone worse. You can backup using Miracle Box as instructed in the guide above. Once that’s done, scroll down to the How to downgrade part of the guide.

Enigma

We placed emphasis on these. I’m guessing you didn’t see our guide in time

Bramha Prasad

Now my mobile opens in oreo (XOS humming bird) and I cannot get past through after few steps of setting up of android. After connecting to WIFI, i get the option either “start as fresh device” or “copy data/app from other android or iphone or cloud”. but both the option does not work. when i click start as fresh device, it does “Checking info” but return back to same option “data recovery” screen. i can only go back to “hi there” not forward. same happens when i go to other one option as well.

vbpian

hi, did you solve the problem on this ? because i have same problem here… 🙁 :sadly

Enigma

You need to downgrade to Nougat.

Bramha prasad

Go to service centre they will do it for you, they may ask for money if your mobile is not under warranty, otherwise it will be free for you. After that don’t forget to put your sim in your mobile and try calling, because i am now unable to call after downgrading. In any case do not root your phone!!!!

Enigma

Check if your phone has a valid IMEI (dial *#06# ) . If IMEI us null then that explains your being unable to make calls

Bramha prasad

Okay, you’re right.
But is there any way to fix it. ☺

Enigma

Check if baseband is valid then fix null IMEI using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-116.html

Bramha prasad

not working

Enigma

Check if you have a Baseband or its also invalid

Bramha prasad

how to do it

Look under Settings > About > Baseband
What does it say?

Bramha prasad

not invalid,

Enigma

Then the guide at that link I gave you should work. Root the phone then write IMEI using the Tool Hero method at that link

vbpian

already downgrade the os to nougat, and found another problem which is IMEI, no IMEI information on both sim card slot, the baseband show normal/valid.

Some time the network can be detected, once it detected only sim 1 can be use (make/get call and text) but not with sim 2.

been trying to fix the imei from the net and youtube, but none of them simply work. most of all the tools require root access to gain the imei changes, so i try to flash twrp recovery but no luck, even i have once make the phone bootloop and fixed with re-flashing again.

so the imei and root is still mistery on this, and i’m still digging

Root the phone using Magisk at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-21427.html
then write IMEI using tool hero at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-21072.html

vbpian

hi @Enigma, rooting with magisk work successfully, but the IMEI problem still exist. I’ve download toolhero from playstore, the app run normally and seem does’n support for the phome model, when i force to change the imei – nothing happen.

I forgot to tell you that one problem i don’t mention was NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10. been trying from to fix it still not working.

Since the service center is far away, I just want to fix my self with give a direct link to official stock rom for infinix note 4 (Indonesia region, currently i use the global version), I have emailed the official Infinix support, but none of them repply my mail.

Enigma

Download the firmware for your Build Number at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-20230.html and flash as instructed at the bottom of that page

NAGESH B S

Am also facing same problem

Paeffiong

I have been telling my guys that they should never rush in updating their phones to a new OS most especially INFINIX AND TECNO USERS but they won’t listen.

Keep safe and stay away from such updates

Enigma

I think one reason why many people rushed to update is because there’s been so much clamor for it and pressure from Infinix users. This must have been what caused Infinix to roll out a buggy update. This is why we advised members to take note of their build numbers and backup their firmware before the update.
Come to think of it, I think this was the first Infinix update that was such a disaster. I own a Hot 2 and they did very well with version updates there, same with some other Infinix models. Both Tecno version updates that ever happened (C8 & Phantom 6 Plus) were a total disaster. They can’t even seem to get bug fix updates right yet. This is one reason why I’m (personally) more likely to install an Infinix update faster than a Tecno update.

Emenike

I am so glad I didn’t rush into updating to OREO. It would have been a real headache. Hopefully the next release will get rid of all bugs

Enigma

We’ll keep you posted on this development. Just keep checking our Journal

Rahul Kumar

hello,
I’ve updated my mobile to Android Oreo and it successfully get installed and run well for approx 2 hours..After that it automatically restarts and showing only XOS hummingbird and didn’t open fully till the battery ended…
After that, i moved to my nearest service center i.e, carl care service center…It put again android 7 in my phonebecause they hadn’t android oreo that time…
So how to reupdate my phone

Enigma

Don’t attempt to update to Oreo for now, the update is buggy.

Giovanni

How to downgrade to Nougat? Can you please provide us steps and the link of the tools needed?

Enigma

The guide already contains the procedure so please scroll to that section.

Kenn

I did my update to 8.1.0 hummingbird and it is still working, I just lost some features,
1. the screen record,
2. altra powersaver,
3. just found out my hotspot is permanently off.

What can I do Please to restores these features

Downgrade to Nougat. There are many bugs in the Oreo update

Gregor

Based on the complain on Oreo battery draining, I had to upgrade back to the hummingbird 8.1 to confirm, and I still maintain that battery last far longer than Naugart rom, everything works very fine, the Bluetooth, the 4G, 3G, WiFi, hotspot, the Eye care, the only issue for me is still the hard reset, and the the double tap to wake that is not working fine, which only works when u lock the screen by pressing the power, some minor bugs too, the root access works fine, I will still run it for sometime, to find other bugs, the PIP is not working too, can’t get it to work yet.
Thanks

mere phone me new version 8.1 nahi aa rha hai infinix note 4 hai
building no X572-H5312E-N-IN-180207V139
abhi etna hai
new building no (X572-H5312AD-O-180203V85 hamko chahiye plz sir help sir

Racka

I am still using the oreo update and it is ok. No disturbing bugs. Been using it since the day it was rolled out. I did a factory reset before upgrading to oreo. After factory reset i downloaded the update and install. Never had any problem so far. The only bug is the keyboard reset itself to the aosp stock keyboard. But everything works even the double tap to wake.

Enigma

This is the only positive review on this update I’ve come across. Its so bad for most that Nougat looks Golden.