A few hours ago, Infinix pushed the official Hot 4 (X557) Nougat OTA Update to Infinix Hot 4 devices. About 2 months ago, We’d announced a Hot 4 Nougat Beta update which requires installation via SP Flash Tool or Stock recovery (Tcard version). With this particular update, you can update your Infinix Hot 4 to Nougat (using) Over The Air (OTA) update.
Features of the Infinix Hot 4 X557-H807AD-N-170626V86 official Nougat OTA Update
A Note from Infinix:
Dear users, this update Will provide you with the experience of the nougat. More convenient features,more attractive visual .Welcome you guys upgrade to try
- Brand new Music 2.0, optimized the interface display
- XOS v2.2
- Updated system version from Android M to Android N
- Supported Split screen for partial apps by long pressing Recent button
- Brand new pulldown shortcuts bar to make operations more convenient
- Added horizontal swipe to change wallpapers in Magazine lockscreen interface
- Auto-centered the icons in Dock bar; moved multi-select icons in batch under the desktop edition status
- Optimized system stability and performance while fixing other issues.
- Visit the XCLUB forum for more information.
- Caution! This update may crash rooted devices.
- Please plug in charger to OTA upgrade when power is lower than 30%.
What to do before installing the Infinix Hot 4 (X557) official Nougat OTA update
Some of those who upgraded to Nougat using Tcard or SP Flash tool on the Beta build complained of bugs. Hopefully, all that is fixed since its out of Beta but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take some precautions:
- Take note of your phone’s current Build Number
- Ensure your battery is charged above 50%
- If your Infinix Hot 4 is rooted then ensure to unroot your Android phone before installing any OTA update
- I strongly recommend you dump your phone’s firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box so you have something to revert to incase you brick your Hot 4 or run into bugs / problems in this Nougat update
- Revert to stock recovery if you have flashed a custom recovery like TWRP, CWM, Philz etc
How to install or upgrade to the Infinix Hot 4 (X557) official Nougat OTA update
- If you got an update notification on your notifications bar then simply slide down and tap the OTA Update notification prompt
- If you are yet to get an OTA update prompt then navigate to Settings > About > System update and search for an update
- Tap Download and Install
- Wait for the update to get downloaded (the update is 1479.74 MB in size)
- Once download is complete, tap Restart & Install
- Wait while the phone boots into recovery mode and installs the update (DO NOT interrupt)
- The Hot 4 should reboot to home screen once the update is completed
My Infinix Hot 4 is bricked or stuck in recovery mode (no command) after installing the OTA update
I dont like this Nougat, how can I downgrade or revert to Android 6 (Marshmallow)?
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)