A few months ago, I told you about the SWIFT Merit data plan which is a new promo plan from SWIFT. True to my word, I gave it a spin but before I share my experience with you, I would like to let you know that this isn’t a sponsored post; neither do I get a referral commission.
A little Intro
When it comes to data plans, there are three things you should know about me
- I don’t really dig free browsing tweaks and all; its not a moral thing. IMO, these service providers (especially MTN) deserve a little payback for the injustice they’ve done and keep doing to us. You see, I just don’t have the energy to keep hunting for free credit and browsing tweaks, God had blessed me way beyond that. This isn’t to say I don’t key into some juicy ones once a while 😉
- SWIFT is super slow where I say. I download at between 100 Kbps and 700 Kbps during peak hours. During off peak hours, I sometimes get bursts between 800 kbps and 1 Mbps. I’m making serious plans to get an outdoor antenna if I’ll be hanging on to SWIFT longer. I simply queue my downloads get on with whatever I’m doing or simply got to sleep. Uploading is a no go area for me on SWIFT.
- I’m a nocturnal person so I naturally gravitate towards free night browsing plans. There are many reasons why Tech. Geeks love the early hours; the Family is asleep, the noisy neighbors and their Generators aren’t there to distract you, the internet speed is faster, PHCN prefers to supply power at that time, and best of all, there’s junk to snack on.
I make use of more than one network at a time to minimize the risk of downtime. The SWIFT Merit plan is better suited for night usage only; 3GB is inadequate for day browsing over a 30-day period. Unlike the other free night browsing plans I’d been using; The SWIFT Merit plan:
- Didn’t limit my browsing speed due to Fair Usage Policy (which often limits your browsing speed after you exceed a specific bandwidth cap)
- Free browsing time was between 22:00 – 07:00 (10 PM – 7 AM) unlike the 00:00 – 06:00 (12 AM – 6 AM) on previous free night browsing plans. This gave me 3 extra hours against other night plans on SWIFT and Spectranet
- I only began using my 3 GB for day browsing a few days before the plan was to expire
For a NGN 3,000 plan, the SWIFT Merit plan is worth a spin, especially if SWIFT is blazing in your area.
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)