A number of Marshmallow (Android 6) and above users have complained of insufficient / low storage space for installing applications despite having much unused space on their SD card. This brief guide will teach you how to easily convert those several free Gigabytes on your external SanDisk card to Internal Storage.
How can I convert / use my SD card as Internal Storage on my Android Marshmallow phone?
1. Switch off the phone, insert the SD card you wish to use as internal storage then boot up the phone. You should get a notification that a new SD card has been detected (Click here for what to do if you did not get a notification prompt); double tap the notification
2. Tick Use as internal storage then tap Next
3. Tap Erase & format (ensure to have backed up important stuff on it)
4. Wait while the SD card gets formatted
5. Tick Move now or Move later depending on when you wish to move media files from the internal storage to the newly prepared SD card then tap Next
6. Tap Done
I did not get a notification after inserting SD card, what do I do
1. Navigate to Settings > Storage and tap the SD card (portable storage)
2. Tap the Menu at the top right and select Storage settings
3. Tap Formal as internal
Hovatek….just a button away!