Tecno recently launched the HIOS which is its official User Interface (UI), just like Infinix has XUI. At the moment, HIOS is available for only the Tecno Boom J8 and Camon C8.
Features of the Tecno HIOS UI
- Quick Camera Activation: To activate Camera from a locked screen, you simply slide the icon upwards and it turns into camera page
- Easy Wallpaper Swipe: Tap the wallpaper icon on your screen and it automatically changes to a different type
- Simple App Manager: Move your Apps easily by dragging them to the position/ page you want on the screen
- Personalized Photo Assistant: No need for makeup or Photoshop with the portrait app
- Track Memory Usage: Monitor your RAM usage
- Hi-Theme: Several kinds of Hi-Themes are at your finger tips
- Hi-Fonts: Choose the fonts to express your individuality
- Hi-Manager: Your phone manager, from cleaning your mobile track to blocking harassment phone call and messages
- Smart Dial
- Pop Incoming Call: Answer calls without having to minimize what you’re doing
How to upgrade Tecno Camon C8 to HIOS
- Navigate to Settings > About > Build Number and take note of the C8’s Build Number
- If you have rooted the phone then unroot it using the guide at https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-unroot-a-mediatek-android-phone-in-order-to-successfully-install-an-ota-update. See how to root Android if you don’t know what rooting is.
- Navigate to Settings > About > System updates. Search for, download and install all pending Over The Air (OTA) updates (an internet connection is required)
- Download the Tcard / SDcard format of the HIOS update at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzq5mrcn0b2e2wb/update.zip?dl=0 for the C8-H352-A2-L-20160118 Build number and https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v36m81a5pvbdlr/Tcard_update_20160307.zip?dl=0 for other Build Numbers
- Save the zip file to the root directory of the SD card i.e, copy directly, do not place inside any folder, do not unzip
- Switch off the phone then boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up + Power button (See https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-479.html )
- In recovery mode, you use the Volume up buttons to scroll and Power button to select
- Select Install Zip from SD card
- Select the zip file you downloaded and Yes to confirm flashing
- Reboot the phone once done
Do I have to unroot before flashing the zip file?
Its highly recommended to unroot before flashing such zip files
Is this the long awaited Marshmallow (Android 6.0) update for Tecno C8?
No, its not. Its a Lollipop based UI.
I got an error while updating in recovery mode, what do I do?
Ensure the phone has been unrooted, is running on stock recovery and you downloaded the correct zip file for your phone’s Build Number
This update has bugs / I don’t like it, how do I revert?
The guide at https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-downgrade-a-mediatek-android-phone will help with that
Hovatek….just a button away!
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
* Upgrade to Premium Membership for Live Support: https://blog.hovatek.com/premium-membership
* Hovatek's Mobile app: https://app.hovatek.com
* Skype: Hovatek
* BBM: Hovatek
* BBM Channel: http://www.pin.bbm.com/C00403D80
* PC chat: Click "Chat With Us" at the bottom-right corner of this page
* Helpline(s): +2348021840309
* Email: [email protected]
* Facebook: https://facebook.com/hovatek