Tecno finally released Marshmallow for the Tecno Camon C8. The Marshmallow update was taken down shortly after it was released because it had a lot of bugs but we have the download link for those who want to try or Mod it anyway. We’d released a guide on upgrading Tecno C8 to HIOS so you might want to give it a shot if the Marshmallow update is way too buggy for you.
How to upgrade Tecno Camon C8 to Android 6 (Marshmallow)
- If you have rooted the phone then unroot it using the guide at https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-unroot-a-mediatek-android-phone-in-order-to-successfully-install-an-ota-update. See how to root Android if you don’t know what rooting is
- Download the Tcard / SDcard format of the Tecno C8 Marshmallow update at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B0NGrHFUF1GbeFBmdkd2MV9EMFk&export=download
- Save the zip file to the root directory of the SD card i.e, copy directly, do not place inside any folder, do not unzip
- Switch off the phone then boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up + Power button (See https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-479.html )
- In recovery mode, you use the Volume up buttons to scroll and Power button to select
- Select Install Zip from SD card
- Select the zip file you downloaded and Yes to confirm flashing
- Reboot the phone once done and confirm that the update was successful under Settings > About
Do I have to unroot before flashing the zip file?
Its highly recommended to unroot before flashing such zip files
Is this the long awaited Marshmallow (Android 6.0) update for Tecno C8?
Yes, just might be a bit buggy
I got an error while updating in recovery mode, what do I do?
Ensure the phone has been unrooted, is running on stock recovery
This update has bugs / I don’t like it, how do I revert?
The guide at https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-downgrade-a-mediatek-android-phone will help with that
Hovatek….just a button away!