Tecno recently released an update,making it possible to upgrade the Tecno Camon C8 to Marshmallow. Quite a number of C8 users have been having problems upgrading their phones, even to the HIOS for Tecno C8 . To make upgrading easier, Team Hovatek has made a ROM Dump of a Tecno C8 running on Marshmallow, thereby, making the C8 Marshmallow update SP Flash tool compatible just as we did for the Infinix Hot 2 X510 March Marshmallow update.
Note: This is not an official firmware from Tecno. Team Hovatek dumped the firmware of its copy of the Tecno C8 which had been successfully upgraded to Marshmallow (Android 6.0) using the above guide.
How can I upgrade my Tecno C8 to Marshmallow (Android 6.0) using SP Flash tool?
- Download the Tecno C8 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM Dump by Team Hovatek at https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_-waNKLvNRcSTh2akh1X1pmaUk&export=download
- Extract the content of the zip file into a folder
- Install Mediatek VCOM Drivers on your PC using the guide at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
- Following the SP flash tool guide at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html , flash the ROMDump using the Firmware Upgrade option in SP Flash Tool
- Boot the phone once flashing is complete (DO NOT interrupt SP flashing)
- Setup the phone then go to Settings > About to confirm that your Tecno Camon C8 is now running on Marshmallow.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have rooted my phone. Do I have to unroot before flashing this firmware?
A: No you don’t have to unroot if your phone is rooted. The ROM Dump will work fine whether or not the phone has been rooted
Q: Will I be able to install subsequent OTA updates after flashing this firmware?
A: Yes, you will without a problem. This firmware is not rooted.
Q: I don’t like this upgrade, how can I downgrade or revert to a more stable version
Hovatek….just a button away!