It is no longer news that Android 6 (Marshmallow) has come to the Infinix Note 2 X600 Over The Air (OTA). This is coming just about two months after the Infinix Hot 2 X510 received the Marshmallow update. This brief guide will explain how to correctly upgrade your Infinix X600 to Marshmallow because you’ll hate yourself if you get it wrong with the X600.
What should I know before upgrading my Infinix Note 2 X600 to Android 6?
It is important you know your phone’s build number. To know this, Navigate to Settings > About > Build number. Yours should be H532 A1, H533 A1 or H533 B1. It is important you flash firmware
for your build. Flashing a firmware for another build to your phone will cause it to go totally dead and the only way to revive your phone would be to loosen it down to the MotherBoard then make a jumper as instructed in the guide at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-11899.html . This procedure is a bit technical so to avoid having to go through this, stick to firmware for your Infinix X600’s build.
How do I upgrade / update the Infinix Note 2 X600 to Marshmallow?
There are two formats of the Marshmallow update:
- Tcard / SDcard / OTA format
- SP flash tool format
How to upgrade Infinix X600 to Marshmallow using the Tcard / SDcard / OTA firmware format
- If the phone has been rooted, unroot by flashing the firmware at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-533.html using SP flash tool at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
- Navigate to Settings > About > System updates.
- Search for, download and install the OTA update
- If no OTA update is available for your device then download the Tcard format at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-12084.html and copy it to directly to the SD card (do not place it inside any folder)
- You can then head back to System updates under Settings or boot into recovery mode using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-479.html then flash the zip file using the Install zip from SD card option.
- Reboot the phone then confirm that it has been successfully upgraded to Marshmallow under Settings > About > Android version
How to upgrade Infinix X600 to Marshmallow using the SP flash tool firmware format
- Install VCOM drivers on the PC using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
- Download the SP flash tool format of the Infinix Note 2 X600 Marshmallow update for your phone’s build at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-12084.html
- Switch off the phone then flash the firmware using the Firmware upgrade option in SP flash tool at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-159.html
- Boot up the phone then confirm that it has been successfully upgraded to Marshmallow under Settings > About > Android version
How do I root the Infinix Note 2 X600 after upgrading to Marshmallow?
See the rooting guide at https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-root-infinix-hot-note-2-x600-running-on-android-6-marshmallow/
Hovatek….just a button away!
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
* Request for Private Support
* Install the Hovatek mobile app
* Listen to H-Tech Radio
* Helpline: +2348021840309
* E-mail: [email protected]
* Skype: Hovatek