A few days ago, we announced the release of Nougat for the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus with Build Number A9-H971A-N1-170725V72 .
Quite a number of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus users have been having serious difficulty updating because the server (where the Tecno A9 OTA update.zip is located) is very slow. Some have had to go through 24 – 48 hours of extremely slow downloading only to end up with an error… yes, its that bad.
Team Hovatek has been able to obtain the Tecno A9-H971A-N1-170725V72 update.zip, which was extracted from a working Tecno Phantom 6 Plus after successfully downloading the Nougat OTA update.zip file. This is the Tcard format which you can easily install offline (without needing an internet connection) from your SD card.
What is the advantage of this Tcard update.zip
One problem with OTA updates is that if an error occurs during download or installation, you’ll have to start the download process all over. Also, if you have any reason to downgrade your Android phone to Marshmallow (after having successfully updated), you’ll have to go through the OTA download process all over….again. This is both time and data intensive isn’t it?
Here lies the obvious advantage of having the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (A9) Tcard update.zip offline; you can install it anytime you want without having to expend data.
What to do before updating Tecno Phantom 6 Plus to Nougat
Before updating your Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (A9) from Marshmallow (Android 6) to Nougat (Android 7) using this Tcard update.zip, ensure that:
- If you have rooted your Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (Marshmallow) then unroot by flashing the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus stock rom using SP Flash tool
- Charge the battery above 50% to avoid an interruption
- Revert to stock recovery if you have replaced it with a custom recovery
- Take note of your present Build Number for future reference
How to update Tecno Phantom 6 Plus to Nougat using Tcard update.zip
- Download the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (A9-H971A-N1-170725V72) Nougat Tcard update.zip
- Unzip the file after downloading, you should now have the update.zip
- Copy the update.zip to your Phantom 6 Plus’s SD card or Phone storage
- Boot the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus into stock recovery mode using Volume up + Power button
- Recovery mode should look something like
- Tap Apply update from SD card
- Navigate to the location of the Tcard update.zip and select it
- Wait while the update.zip is installed (Do Not Interrupt)
- Reboot the phone once completed and check the Build Number. It should look something like