There are quite a number of reasons why a PC could begin crashing or getting very slow, one often ignored cause being corrupted programs or a registry clustered with left over entries from uninstalled programs. Some programs might have become corrupted or are malicious, making them very difficult to uninstall using the normal technique ( Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features ) . In this tutorial, we’ll be discussing a potent technique which can help you uninstall such programs.
Does uninstalling a Windows program mean its completely gone?
No. Proof of this is in doing a system restore (see https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-do-a-system-restore-on-a-pc/ ) . When you do a system restore, previously uninstalled programs get re-installed (though not all work perfectly). This tells you that after the normal uninstall, some components of the uninstalled programs are left behind on the PC. Its these many leftover items that become a menace over time
How do I remove leftover registry items?
You can use Advanced System care to do this. Its very easy to use and recommended. If you’re having a slow or crashing PC then you might want to read https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-fix-a-slow-hanging-or-crashing-pc/
How do I uninstall stubborn or corrupted programs on a Windows PC?
For this, we’ll be using Revo Uninstaller PRO
1. Download and install Revo Uninstaller PRO
2. Launch Revo Uninstaller
3. Locate the executable file of the stubborn or corrupt program you wish to uninstall .
4. If you have trouble locating it, look for the shortcut on your desktop > Right-click the shortcut > Select Open file location > If taken to another shortcut, repeat the procedure till you locate the original .exe file > Take note of its location
5. Go back to Revo and click Forced uninstall
6. Tick Advanced at the top
7. Click Browse
8. Navigate to the location of the exe file, select it then click Open
9. Click Next in the forced uninstall wizard
10. Click Next again
11. If the default uninstaller appears, proceed with the uninstallation (don’t worry if it fails or gives an error)
12. After uninstallation, click Scan
13. Tick the boxes in front of the Bold items then click delete
14. Click Next once done
15. Click Select All then Delete. Click Finish once done
How can I completely uninstall a Windows program ?
Just select the application from the list and use the normal uninstall option (instead of forced uninstall) . The rest is the same procedure as described above.
Hovatek….just a button away!
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
* Upgrade to Premium Membership for Live Support: https://blog.hovatek.com/premium-membership
* Hovatek's Mobile app: https://app.hovatek.com
* Skype: Hovatek
* BBM: Hovatek
* BBM Channel: http://www.pin.bbm.com/C00403D80
* PC chat: Click "Chat With Us" at the bottom-right corner of this page
* Helpline(s): +2348149906767
* Email: [email protected]
* Facebook: https://facebook.com/hovatek