If you asked someone how you could hide your identity on the Internet, chances are you would be taken for a fraudster. A few years ago, I would have agreed with such people, but not in these dark days of the Internet. The internet is filled with so many Bobbie traps that protecting your identity is one thing you should not joke with…unless you think its cool to get hacked or cyber-robbed.
In the guide at https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-change-proxy-settings-in-google-chrome-mozilla-firefox-internet-explorer-and-opera/ , we discussed some frequently asked questions about proxies. In this guide, we will be discussing another way to anonimize your surfing using CyberGhost VPN.
What is a VPN?
A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks, like WiFi Hotspots and the Internet. VPNs are most often used by corporations to protect sensitive data.
Why should I use CyberGhost VPN?
- Easy to Use: One click solution, tailored to your specific needs regarding privacy, security and speed
- Unblock Content You Love: Get access to great content from all over the world even if your ISP or IP gets blacklisted
- Safe Online Browsing: Protect yourself from hackers, cyber scams, bank-account thefts and phishing e-mail fraud
- Protect your Online Privacy: With CyberGhost you become anonymous whenever you’re browsing the web
- Ad-Free Browsing: Experience the web without all those annoying ads
- Transparent & Certified Provider: CyberGhost is one of the few VPN providers certified by ISO and the only one who edits a Transparency Report
- Protection against malicious websites: Detects dangerous websites and software that might harm your computer. Prevents you from accessing any site that could be a threat to your device
- Force HTTPS: Automatically forces HTTPS secured connections whenever these are available. Especially useful when shopping online
How to surf / browse the Internet anonymously using CyberGhost VPN
You could choose to use the CyberGhost website to browse anonymously or install the PC / mobile app.
How to surf anonymously using the CyberGhost website
1. Visit http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_us/proxy and scroll down to the CyberGhost Free Anonymous Proxy Browser
2. Select the Proxy location of your choice and edit the options to your taste
3. Click the Go button
4. You’re all set. The website should look something like this
How to surf anonymously (mask your internet identity) on your PC using the CyberGhost VPN software
1. Download the PC app at http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_us/download and install it
2. Launch the PC application
3. To change your location, click Simulated Country at the bottom left corner
4. Select the country you wish to appear to be surfing from and click OK
5. Click the Power button to start anonymizing your surfing
6. Wait while CyberGhost sets up a VPN connection for you
7. If there’s a queue, wait a few minutes
8. Once your VPN connection is setup, you can begin surfing anonymously
How to surf anonymously (mask your internet identity) on your Mobile phone using the CyberGhost VPN app
1. Download the CyberGhost VPN Android app at http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_us/download/android or iOS app @ http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_us/download/ios and install it
2. Launch the app. If you get a warning as shown below, tap OK
3. When prompted, select Protect me!
4. Wait a few seconds while CyberGhost starts
5. Click Country at the top, select the country you wish to appear to be surfing from and tap OK
6. Tap the Power button to begin surfing anonymously. Wait till CyberGhost connects successfully
Hovatek….just a button away!