BBM added the retract feature which enables you unsend a message (before the receiver views it). This feature is very useful especially when you’ve sent something out of anger, in error, with a typo or to the wrong person. This feature is also supported in Gmail and very easy to setup.
How do I setup undo send in Gmail?
1. Login to your Gmail account
2. Click the Gear icon at the top-right corner (Settings)
3. Select Setttings
4. Tick Enable Undo Send and set the Send cancellation period (I prefer 30 seconds)
5. Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes
How do I use the Undo Send feature?
1. Compose an email and click Send when done
2. To Undo Send, click Undo at the top
3. You’ll get a notification confirming that the message has been retracted (Sending has been undone)
4. The retracted message will be saved to Draft
Is there any other thing I need to be aware of?
If the Send Cancellation Period you set elapses before you undo send (whether due to a poor network, your hesitation or for whatever reason), then the email will be sent.
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
Hovatek….just a button away!