If you notice that your phone’s network bars suddenly remain empty for a long period of time despite the phone still being able to detect your SIM cards and identify their networks correctly then it just might be a Null /Unknown IMEI at work. This issue often occurs after flashing your phone but could (on rare occasions) occur randomly. We already created a detailed guide on how to resolve this at https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-116.html but some Android 6 (Marshmallow) users have complained about some of the methods there not working for them. This guide will put that to rest.
How do I fix Null, Unknown or Invalid IMEI on an MTK Android phone running on Android 6 (Marshmallow)?
1. Root the phone (see https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-root-android-easily-without-pc/ to know more about rooting )
2. Install Chamelephon from Playstore and launch it
3. Grant Chamelephon Super User privileges by tapping Grant
4. You should now be in the home screen
5. Input the correct IMEIs (on the back of the phone after taking out the battery) and click Apply New IMEIs
6. Once prompted to confirm changing of IMEI, tap Change
7. Reboot the phone
Warning! It is illegal to change your IMEI from the original (on the back) to another so you are entirely responsible for how you choose to use this guide.
Hovatek….just a button away!