If you’re crazy about Android modding then there are quite a number of issues you’re bound to encounter (there’s no escaping them). I named one of my Android phones “Lazarus” because it was once dead beyond most of my hope but I managed to resurrect it; and learnt A LOT. Modding does come at a price but I would say its well worth it. Imagine seeing your app drawer filled with your precious collection of Android apps and then you’re prompted to reboot after doing some modding; only for you to see an empty home screen / app drawer upon boot. These ‘Harry Houdini’ apps are our focus in this tutorial.
Why do my apps disappear after I reboot my Android phone?
This often happens to apps installed to the SD card. Common causes on this issue are:
- Launcher issues
- Corrupted SD card
- Unmounted SD card
- Slow or lagging Android phone
- Improperly partitioned SD card
- Corrupted system or data partitions
Where did my apps go?
Nowhere mostly! If you check Settings > Apps > All, you’ll most likely see the missing apps listed. This tells you they’re still installed, its just their shortcuts on your home screen / app drawer that went missing or weren’t loaded. If on the other hand they aren’t listed under Settings > Apps > All then you’re looking at a firmware / storage issue issue.
How do I fix the problem Android applications disappearing after reboot?
- If you installed a third party launcher then uninstall it and revert to the stock launcher
- Scan the SD card for errors and fix if found (see https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-fix-repair-corrupt-memory-card-sd-card-or-usb-drive/ and https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-fix-an-android-phones-mass-storage-sd-card-that-wont-connect-to-pc-using-usb-cord/ )
- Avoid installing too many apps to speedup booting
- Go to Settings > Storage > Unmount the SD card > Mount the SD card
- If the SD card was wrongly partitioned then unpartition it (see https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-partition-a-hard-disk-or-storage-device-in-windows/ )
- Do a factory reset
- Flash the Stock ROM
How do I speed up a slow or lagging Android phone?
Simply follow this guide on https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-easily-make-an-android-phone-run-faster-or-stop-lagging/
Hovatek….just a button away!