Windows Defender is a free Antivirus which comes bundled with your Windows 8 and 10. Based on my experience, I would say its a good Antivirus & Antimalware program but no thanks, I’m more of a Norton guy. If you really need to disable Windows Defender (for whatever reason) then this quick guide is just what you need.
* Note: Its not advisable to disable Windows Defender without having a worthy substitute in place. The web isn’t a place you would want to surf without protection.
How do I disable Windows Defender?
Launch the Windows Start menu, type regedit then click it from the search results
The Registry Editor dashboard should now be open
On the left tab, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender and Click Windows Defender
Create a new key by right-clicking the empty space on the right tab , selecting New then DWORD
Name the new key DisableAntiSpyware and press Enter to save
Double-click DisableAntiSpyware then set Value data to 1 and click OK
Create three more keys; DisableAntiVirus, DisableBehaviorMonitoring and DisableOnAccessProtection and also set their Value data to 1
Restart the PC then try to launch Windows Defender on boot. You should get “This app is turned off by group policy”
Hovatek….just a button away!
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
* Upgrade to Premium Membership for Live Support: https://blog.hovatek.com/premium-membership
* Hovatek's Mobile app: https://app.hovatek.com
* Skype: Hovatek
* BBM: Hovatek
* BBM Channel: http://www.pin.bbm.com/C00403D80
* PC chat: Click "Chat With Us" at the bottom-right corner of this page
* Helpline(s): +2348149906767
* Email: [email protected]
* Facebook: https://facebook.com/hovatek