In my previous article on Android applications, I talked about identifying and removing Bloatware (see https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-remove-bloatware-on-an-android-phone/ ). In today’s guide, we’ll be discussing setting and clearing default applications. When you have more than one application that can execute a particular task, you will get a prompt asking you to select which you wish to use.
You’ll have the “Always” and “Just once” options. Selecting “Just once” means the task will be executed with the selected application so you will receive a similar prompt when next you wish to execute that task. Selecting “Always” means the application you selected will always be used to execute that task so you wont get the prompt anymore.
How do I set a default application on an Android phone?
It could be annoying getting a prompt anytime you wish to execute a frequently executed task (like a launcher) so selecting the “Always” option is the way out.
How do I clear a default application on an Android phone?
What happens when you change your mind and want a different application as default? Clearing a default application (note that its not the same thing as uninstalling) can be done using the steps below:
1. Navigate to Settings > Apps
2. Locate and select the application you initially set as default
3. Tap “Clear defaults”
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
* Upgrade to Premium Membership for Live Support: https://blog.hovatek.com/premium-membership
* Hovatek's Mobile app: https://app.hovatek.com
* Skype: Hovatek
* BBM: Hovatek
* BBM Channel: http://www.pin.bbm.com/C00403D80
* PC chat: Click "Chat With Us" at the bottom-right corner of this page
* Helpline(s): +2348021840309
* Email: [email protected]
* Facebook: https://facebook.com/hovatek
Hovatek….just a button away!