Backing up the contacts on your Android phone has always been easy. Quite a number of people just don’t know this and end up losing their important contacts from time to time. In my previous article on Android contacts management, I described two methods of backing up Android contacts (see https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-backup-restore-and-recover-accidentally-deleted-or-lost-android-contacts/ ). In this guide, I’ll be explaining a very easy method ; using a Google account.
Well, Google apps come pre-installed on Android phones, the phone can be associated (and locked) with a Google account and its possible to conveniently backup and restore using your Google account, so why not Google?
How do I backup and restore the contacts on an Android phone using a Google account?
* Note: The steps below apply for both backup and restore since it involves syncing.
Part 1: Enable backup to Google servers
1. Navigate to Settings > Backup & reset
2. Tick both Back up my data and Automatic restore
Part 2: Associate the phone with a Google account
1. Navigate to Settings > Account and select Add account
2. Select Google from the list
3. If you have an existing account, select Existing, else, create a Google account first be clicking New
4. Wait while Google gathers some information about the phone
5. Enter the Google account email and password then tap the Next icon (triangle pointing right)
6. Agree to the terms and conditions by clicking OK
7. Wait while you get signed in
8. Tap the Next icon (Arrow pointing right) to finish
9. Google should now be listed under Accounts
Part 3: Backup / restore the contacts
1. Still under Accounts, tap Google
2. Tap the Google account (in front of the sync icon)
3. Ensure that Contacts is ticked
4. Tap the menu icon at the top and select Sync now
5. Wait for syncing to be complete
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
Hovatek….just a button away!